Nureka operates in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs). These principles are set out in the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012 and relate to the Privacy Act 1988.
A copy of the Act is available at: http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/cth/consol_act/pa1988108/
- We will keep your information including any disclosures you make for your own purposes in using the Platform confidential and only use it:
- consistent with the purpose of the Platform in the context of your User Account Type.
What is personal information?
What per sonal information do we collect and hold?
- We will ask you to provide us with information about yourself when you subscribe on the Platform.
- We may collect the following types of personal information:
- mailing or street address;
- email address , telephone number and geographical location;
- any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly or indirectly through use of our Platform.
How do we protect your information?
- Nureka have internal controls and procedures to ensure that all personal information remains confidential and is securely stored (electronically or in hard copy). Nureka employees and contractors are trained in privacy controls and procedures. To protect your personal information, Nureka maintains security of your information by using locks, security systems , data storage facilities, password protected devices, lockable filing cabinets and appropriate information technology security systems and processes.
- We will take reasonable steps to protect your informati on from loss, misuse, unauthorised disclosure or destruction, including by means of firewalls, password access, secure servers and encryption of credit card transactions.
- In order to enable us to meet our obligations under the Act and to ensure the operat ion of the Platform, we may need to allow our authorised staff and contractors access to your information. The staff and contractors are required by contract and policies to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
- If you suspect any misuse or loss of, or unauthorised access to, your information, please let us know immediately.
For what purposes do we use your information?
- We use the information that we collect about you to:
- provide you access to the Platform;
- respond to any enquiry you have;
- provide support related to aspects of the Platform;
- improve your Subscriber experience;
- facilitate quick retrieval of relevant information;
- alert you to updated information on the Platform;
- investigate problems, resolve disputes or enforce our Terms and Conditions;
- for our administrative, marketing (including direct marketing), promotional, planning, product/service development, quality control and research purposes, or those of our contractors or external service providers;
- as r equired or permitted by any law (including the Privacy Act).
When do we disclose your information?
- Generally, we will disclose your information for the purpose of assisting us to provide to you the services available through our Platform. We will make the information we collect from you available to third parties:
- when you give us permission to do so;
- safety, quality assurance and improvement activities;
- managing, monitoring, planning and evaluating our Services;
- testing and maintenance of information tec hnology systems;
- when it is reasonably necessary in order to enable us to make the Platform and the Services available to you;
- for the purposes of product development, research or statistical analysis;
- risk management activities (including liaising with ou r insurers and legal representatives);
- responding to complaints or inquiries about our activities and Services;
- obtaining advice from consultants and professional advisers;
- when it is reasonably necessary to facilitate payment of your purchase;
- when we reasonably believe it is required or authorised by law; and
- when it is reasonably necessary for enforcement related activities.
- as necessary to assert our rights.
- Your information may be used or disclosed for research, or for the compilation or analysis of statistics. Where your information is disclosed or published for research or statistical purposes, the information will be de -identified and will not contain material capable of identifying you.
How you can access, correct or amend your personal information
- You can make a request to access, correct or amend your personal information held by Nureka at any time by contacting us.
- Where we hold information that you are entitled to access, we will try to provide you with suitable means of accessing it (for example, by mailing or emailing it to you). We will not charge for simply making a request and will not charge for making any corrections to your personal information. If you make an access request, we will ask you to verify your identity.
- There may be instances where we cannot grant you access to the personal information we hold. For example, we may need to refuse access if granting access would interfere with the privacy of others, or if it would result in a breach of confidentiality. If that happens, we will give you written reasons for any refusal.
- If you believe that personal information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may request us to amend it. We will consider if the information requires amendment. If we do not agree that there are grounds for amendment, then we will add a note to the personal information stating that you disagree with it.
- Users will generally be able to access and update their account details online. We request that you keep your information as current as possible so that we may continue to improve our services to you.
- If you have a concern or complaint about the way in which your personal information is being managed, please contact us.
How to contact Us
- We will treat your requests or complaints confidentially. Our representative w ill contact you within a reasonable time after receipt of your complaint to discuss your concerns and outline options regarding how they may be resolved. We will aim to ensure that your complaint is resolved in a timely and appropriate manner.
- You may do so by:
- email to email@example.com
- writing to us at Nureka Pty Ltd, Level 11, 216 St Georges Terrace, 6000 Perth WA
Complaints to the Australian Information Commission
- If you have a complaint about our compliance with the Act and we have not resolved
30 days after you first notified us of your complaint, you can refer your complaint to the Australian Information Commission by visiting their Platform http://www.oaic.gov.au/ or calling 1300 363 992